The Resource Link for Community Action provides information and practical guidance to state and community agencies and organizations, policy makers, and members of the public who are interested in combating alcohol and other drug abuse and misuse. Our goal is to apply research knowledge for public health benefits.
Offering reports, presentations, and media releases of new research findings, our goal is to highlight strategies the are evidence-based and responsive to the real needs of communities.
Examples of strategies to address public health issues related to underage drinking include:
- party dispersal operations
- responsible beverage service training
- underage decoy operations at retail establishments
- social host ordinances
- controlling alcohol outlets
- penalties for underage possession and consumption of alcoholic beverages and drinking and driving.